Monrovia, September 8, 2019)- The Press Union of Liberia has named a new batch of permanent individuals to its National Media Council. The National Media Council mediates issues arising from the works of journalists in Liberia. It is a pivotal pillow of the Journalism Community’s Self- regulatory regime.
Established in 2016, the council has been ensuing compliance with the Code of Ethics for Liberian journalists and as well adopting measures that are proportionate and necessary to compensate for the violation of the Code.
Those appointed to the National Media Council are:
1. Elizabeth Hoff, Former PUL President
2. Euriah Togar, Chairman, Mass Communication Department, UL
3. Weah Karpeh, Media Hub
4. Roseline Tweh, YWCA
5. B. McCarthy Weh, II (Legislature)
6. Pilate Johnson, JPC
7. Rev. Page Bagnon, Faith Deliverance & Prayer Healing Ministries INC.
8. Kabah M. Trawally, National Muslim Council
9. Mrs. Pamelia Doe Paivey, Media Law Expert
The new council members are replacing Rev. J. Emmanuel Z. Bowier, Ruth Caesar (Deceased), Anthony K. Selmah, Ledgerhood Rennie, Atty. Bobby Livingstone, Rev. Fr. Gabriel MMK. Sawyer, and Sheik Akibu Sheriff,
Meanwhile, the Press Union of Liberia has lauded replaced council members for their dedication to media reform activities in Liberia.
13 Nov 19 - PUL Election To Go Ahead
04 Nov 19 - PUL EXPELLS SEKOU SHERIFF
10 Oct 19 - Release on Root FM closure
25 Sep 19 - PUL 2019 Anniversary Itinerary